Please check the following before sending (all of these have been issues in the past):
- You are passing on to P1 teachers and sending in an up-to-date Overview. One completed in February will underestimate a child’s development!
- That you are only sending Overviews for children in their pre-school year transitioning to Primary School.
- That the sex of each child is clear – we analyse separately for boys and girls.
- And mark whether the child is learning with English as Additional Language (EAL).
- You are not sending in your only copy, but have one for the P1 teacher too.
- That the copies are in colour so we can tell the difference between greens and yellows!
- Incidentally, don’t worry about the differences between green and yellow – if in doubt, the item is not established, so use yellow. Not both!
Copies should be sent to Emma Black, at Council HQ either:
By scanned email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By post to Emma Black, Highland Council HQ, Glenurquhart Rd, Inverness IV3 5NX
Any other means that works for individual settings