For the next 6 weeks the Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) team are hosting an exciting weekly opportunity to focus on one of the Words Up key messages. You’ll be able to watch a short video presentation online and have the chance to reflect and discuss with members of the SLT team live afterwards.
This week’s key message is Pause and Wait. Please watch the video found HERE sometime prior to joining the live Q&A session on Wednesday, 1.30pm – 2.15pm.
Possible aspects to consider are:
- Can you think about when this key message might be difficult?
- Are there areas of the setting/curriculum that would be easier or more difficult to use this key message in?
- Are there any barriers to putting it in place?
- Are there any children this might not work for/be more difficult with?
- How does this link to Realising the Ambition?
We hope you will join to share your thoughts and ask the SLT team any questions you may have relating to the video or from your own experience of applying the key messages in practice within your setting or with your own family.
Look out for the link to the live session which will be posted on Wednesday morning.