The content of this module was provided by the Highland Council and developed in partnership for e-learning by Care and Learning Alliance.
The Highland Council recognises that all practitioners working with and for Highland’s children should have a strong awareness of food allergens and how these should be managed.
On completion of this e-module you will have:
- An understanding of what a food allergy and intolerance are.
- Developed an awareness of ingredients that can cause allergies.
- Understanding of what allergy information is required on pre-packed food labels.
- Considered the importance of engaging with parents to share information and simple strategies to support this.
This module is for:
- Early Learning and Childcare practitioners
- Out of School Care practitioners
- All practitioners and staff working with and for children under 12 years in regulated childcare services.
Access is online and can be accessed and completed in the timeframe to suit the individual.
Access to the module:
All practitioners wishing to access the course should contact Highland CPD on:
- A link will then be provided to initiate joining.
- In the link you will be required to identify if you have used CALA e-learning before.
- For those that have you will be asked to provide us with your name and email address – the course will be added to your CALA e-learning account. You simply login as normal and the course will be in ‘MY COURSES’
- For those that don’t have a CALA e-learning account – you will be asked to provide us with relevant information for us to set you up an account manually.
- You will be provided access to the course on the first Friday after you request to join. You will receive confirmation that the course is now available for you via the email you provide for us.
- After you have completed the course – you will be able to download your certificate.