This simple idea helps children to develop a number of counting and early numeracy skills, as well as supporting their fine motor development.
- Counting Strategies , Early addition and subtraction/ facts to 10 – One to one counting.
- Number word sequences – Count the number sequence as children place the items in the tray.
- Read numbers – Recognise the number in tray.
- Counting and Comparing Collections – Discuss which has the smallest / largest group of items.
- Fine Motor Development – Using the tongs.