The Virtual Nature School are providing a suite of outdoor play and learning resources which can be used by practitioners and parents to support home learning. These materials are available through the Virtual Nature School and are signposted on Parent Club. There are:
- Activity ideas and tips shared regularly on Facebook and Instagram
- A downloadable nature diary which can be used to celebrate learning, support reflection and improve literacy
- A regular newsletter. Each edition answers a question asked by parents and helps to support discussions with children around outdoor play
- A regular parent podcast focusing on myth busting and ideas to get outdoors. Episode 1 is tips for parents on dressing children warmly for outdoor play.
- A regular practitioner podcast exploring outdoor pedagogy
- Access to the Virtual Nature School videos which provide outdoor learning ideas or inquiries to start of the day’s learning
Please click on the links below for 2 brochures, one for practitioners and one for parents, which explain how these materials can be used to support outdoor home learning experiences. You may wish to share the parents’ brochure with your families.