Are you interested in joining an engagement event to help shape the new framework?
The Care Inspectorate and Education Scotland are working together to progress the development of the shared inspection framework for early learning and childcare (ELC) services, including childminding and school-aged childcare in Scotland.
The new framework will replace Education Scotland’s ‘How good is our early learning and childcare’ and the Care Inspectorate’s ‘Quality framework for daycare of children, childminding and school aged childcare’.
As part of the first phase of their consultation on the new framework, they would like to invite you to attend one of their engagement events taking place in May either in-person or online.
These events will take place on the following days and locations:
- Tuesday 2 May 2023 at 10:00 – Dundee
- Tuesday 2 May 2023 at 13:30 – Dundee
- Wednesday 3 May 2023 at 13:30 – Glasgow
- Thursday 4 May 2023 at 10:00 – Stirling
- Thursday 4 May 2023 at 13:30 – Stirling
- Friday 5 May 2023 at 10:00 – Inverness
- Friday 5 May 2023 at 13:30 – Inverness
- Saturday 13 May 2023 at 10:00 – Glasgow
A virtual event will take place on the following date:
- Thursday 11 May 2023 at 19:00 – Online
- Monday 15 May 2023 at 19:00 – Online
The events are aimed at those working within – or with an interest in – ELC, childminding, primary and out of school care. They will begin each session with a short overview of the recent Scottish Government’s consultation findings. This will be followed by small group discussions to establish what the sector requires from a shared inspection framework. They want to ensure that children remain the most important factor as we move forward.
This event will be jointly facilitated by the Care Inspectorate and Education Scotland.
Please note that they will be gathering your views at the events, including through interactive slides. If you are able to, please bring a smart phone with you to participate.